What Puggie hasn’t heard a Hooman say “Did anyone ever tell you that you look absolutely Pugtastic? I must take a picture to show my friends/the world!”
Unfortunately, for some Puggies the excitement of having all that adoration concentrated on them all at once means that they just can’t stand still long enough for the Hooman to take the pawfectly posed picture to be shared with the world.
I mean, let's face it Puggies, there's a lot to consider when getting your photo taken by adoring fans ..... which is my best side? should I smile or pout? Should I be asking for a two treat minimum up front appearance fee? Should I allow the Hooman to take a selfie with me?
Lucky for you, we have a few tips to help with the Hooman's get the best photo possible, and with PUGOWEEN competitions going virtual this year, we thought what better time than now to share with you how we manage to capture the best in our Pug Supermodels during photo shoots:
- Play time first – if you can, let your Puggie have a snuffle and a little bit of a play first. It’ll let them know that it’s just a bit of fun, put a big smile on their face, and get some of the jitters out of their system before you whip out the phone/camera
- Positive Reinforcement – use lots of praise throughout the entire process because your voice is reassuring to your Puggie, and strategically positioned treats to help keep your Puggie in one place / looking in the right direction for the few seconds you need to take that pawfect picture
- Sit them on a table (if you can) – not only will it help keep them in one spot, but it’ll also help you get a pawsome photo at face height
- Don’t be afraid to get down on the ground with them – it makes for great fun with your Puggie, and you can get some pawsome up close and personal pictures
- Team up – if there are two of you, use one for treats and one for photos, or both of you take photos but only have one with the treats otherwise it just gets all too confusing with sooo many treat choices to choose from
We hope this helps and we’d love to hear how you take photos of your Puggies. Have you tried any of our tips on your Supermodel successfully or unsuccessfully? Do you have a tip or trick that has worked for you in the past that you'd love to share with us?
Please share with the rest of the Grumble below as we'd love to chat with you and we always respond.
Until next time Puggies, have a wonderful week and look forward to snuffling with you soon.
From Donna, Rosie and Charles
Founder of Pug Parties and Pug Supermodels
If you love all things Pug, then come snuffle with us by becoming a Grumble Friend and subscribe to our newsletter in the footer of this page.
Grumble membership gets you access to one-time offers, advanced notice of new collections and sales, as well as shopping and dressing guides to name a few treats reserved exclusively for our friends.
Guides to help your Pug clothing shopping:
* Not sure how to measure your Puggie for that pawfect fit?
* Not sure how to use the SIZE MY PUGGIE tool?
#tips #pugphoto #photography #pugoween2020 #pugoween #exclusive #grumble #membership #pugparties #puglove #fawnpug #blackpug #pug #mops #carlin #pugsupermodel #pugfashion #ladypug #gentlemenpug #pugparties #pugfashion #pugfashionista